Bathrooms can be a real problem when it comes to photos, as well as when people view your property for sale. Bathrooms show age and wear and tear, so you dont want anything additional to make people think that it is older or in less good condition than it is.
There are some very simple things that can be done to make your bathroom more appealing.
- Remove any dirty laundry from baskets
- Make sure you have clean, fresh towels hanging (preferably matching the decor)
- Remove as much as possible from surfaces and give them a clean
- Ensure all lights and fans are working
- Remove dust from any exhaust fans
- Soak your shower heads in a mixture of white wine vinegar and water (removes bacteria and smells)
- If you can use bleach (if on septic or organic water system make sure no bleach is rinsed down plug hole for 12 hours), dip a grout brush in the bleach and remove mould and mildew from the grout. Again this not only looks better, but grout collects bacteria and can leave a bad smell
- make sure any mirrors or glass are sparkling – clean and then dry with used newspaper for great results!
- The day before, pour drain cleaner down the drains to freshen up the pipes.
Small things mean a lot when a person is looking for their new home or investment. Put yourself in the best position by following a few tips!